Healthy living is the way to go these days. Most lethal sicknesses come from poor lifestyle choices that stem primarily from our food choices. Keto recipes offer us with low carb and fat rich diets that trigger our bodies to use ketones instead of blood sugar as a primary fuel source.
This has been scientifically proven to speed up fat tissue breakdown because ketones are derived from fat. Healthier fats in our diets provide us with the fuel to drive us towards our healthy living objectives.
Cuisinart Air Fryers Toaster Oven
This is a great Air fryer for your keto diet because of its versatility. For instance, you can make an entire meal using the device, you can air fry, broil, bake, and toast food. Besides, the device looks good on your kitchen counter.
Here are a few recipes you can try at home with your air fryer. It’s quick, simple and scrumptious.
· 1 large egg
· 1 pound (half kilo) boneless, skinless chicken thighs patted dry and cut into 1 ¼ inch chunks
· 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
· 7 tablespoons chicken broth
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons ketchup
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 2 teaspoons vinegar
· 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
· 3 to 4 chiles de abor (tree chili), chopped and seeds discarded
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
· 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
· 1 tablespoon sesame oil
· ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
· Step 1- Beat the egg in a large bowl, add chicken and coat well in another bowl. Combine 1/3 cup cornstarch with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken with a fork to cornstarch mixture, and stir with a spatula to coat every piece.
· Step 2- Transfer chicken to air-fryer oven racks or fryer basket in batches, leaving a little space between pieces. Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Add the battered chicken, cook for 12 to 16 minutes, giving things a shake midway. Let dry for 3 to 5 minutes. If chicken is still damp on one side cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
· Step 3- Whisk together the remaining two teaspoons cornstarch into mixture in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high. When sauce begins to bubble add chicken. Stir to coat, cook until sauce thickens and nicly clings to chicken, about 1 ½ minutes. Turn off heat, stir in 1 tablespoon green onion and sesame oil. Transfer to serving and top with sesame seeds and remaining 1 tablespoon green onion
Time- 30 Mins
Crunchy and creamy is the ultimate air fryer perk. The secret to avocado fries is picking the avocados that are just ripe but with enough firmness to maintain their shape during cooking.
· ½ cup all-purpose flour.
· 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper.
· 2 large eggs.
· 1 tablespoon water.
· ½ cup panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs).
· 2 avocados cut into 8 wedges each.
· Cooking spray. ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¼ cup no salt added ketchup.
· 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
· 1 tablespoon chili sauce
· Step 1- Stir the flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat the eggs and water in another shallow dish. Place panko in a third shallow dish. Dredge avocado wedges in flour, and shake off the excess. Dip in egg mixture and allow any excess to drip off. Dredge in panko, pressing to adhere to surface. Coat avocado wedges well with cooking spray.
· Step 2- Place avocado wedges in the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F until it turns golden, usually 7 to 8 minutes. Turn the avocado wedges over halfway through cooking. Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with salt.
· As the avocado wedges cook in the fryer, whisk the vinegar, mayonnaise, ketchup and chili in a small bowl. To serve, place 4 avocado fries on each plate and add two tablespoons of salt.
Time- 6hrs 50Mins
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken thigh)
This spicy, crispy chicken finishes in the air fryer withal the delicious flavor you wanted.
· 2 cups low fat buttermilk.
· 1 teaspoon paprika.
· ½ teaspoon cayenne powder.
· 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour.
· 2 large eggs.
· 2 tablespoons water.
· 2 cups whole wheat panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs.
· ½ tablespoon salt.
· Cooking spray.
· 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
· Step 1- Mix paprika, buttermilk and cayenne powder in a large bowl. Add chicken thigh and turn till coated with the mixture. Cover and marinate in the mixture for at least 6 hours or overnight.
· Step 2- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly whisk water and eggs together in another shallow dish. Place panko in a third shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Dredge in panko, and press till well adhered. Coat chicken on both sides with cooking spray.
· Step 3- Lightly spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the chicken in a single layer in the basket and cook in batches at 400°F until the chicken reaches 165°F and the coating turns golden brown and crispy for 16 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through cooking.
· Step 4- To serve, place a chicken thigh on each plate and add ½ teaspoon hot sauce. Serve immediately.
Time- 25 Mins
Serves 1 91 pork chop, 1 cup Brussel sprouts.
If you want a simple, tasty and fulfilling meal you may want to try the delicious mix of crispy pork chops and fried Brussel sprouts. It is as delicious as it is easy to make.
· 200g bone-in-center cut pork chop.
· Cooking spray.
· 1/8 teaspoon salt.
· ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided.
· 1 teaspoon olive oil.
· 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup.
· 150g Brussel sprouts, quartered.
· Step 1- Lightly coat the pork chop with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and add ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Whisk together the syrup, mustard, oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add Brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
· Step 2- Place the pork cop on one side of the air fryer basket, and add coated Brussel sprouts on the other side. Heat the air fryer to 400°F until cooked to golden brown at 10 minutes for medium finish or 13 minutes for well done.