Bacon tastes good with just about anything, and when you combine it with onions, it's even better. Now making Bacon-wrapped onion rings in an Air Fryer creates a healthy meal, which you can try especially if you're on a strict diet. You can snack on cooked onions wrapped with bacon and, therefore, have a delicious low-carb appetizer. What to expect is onions that are tender and absorbs the flavor of the bacon, whereas the bacon turns out crispy thanks to the operation of an air fryer.
On the other hand, air fryers are healthy and they come in small and large sizes. And if you have a recipe for the Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings, you can easily try them on one of the best air fryers out there. You don't need to cook with oil, hence, this is a low-carb meal. Accordingly, follow these steps to make an air fryer Bacon-wrapped onion rings
Tips for Making Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings
Before you proceed, keep these tips in mind:
- Soak the toothpicks to be used in water for some minutes to prevent them from burning while in use.
- Cut your bacon into thinner slices to ensure that they cook faster and can be wrapped more easily on the onions.
- Choose a condiment of your choice to dip the bacon onion rings in. It could be a condiment such as the G Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce.
- Setup your air fryer to be used for the preparation of this tasty meal.
- You'll need to heat up the unit to around 400 degrees and then cook the bacon until it is crispy.
The ingredients you'll need to make the Bacon-wrapped onion rings include:
- A large yellow onion
- 12 slices of thin cut bacon
Now follow these steps to begin:
- Slice your onions into 1/4 inch rings and separate them into rings having two layers.
- Wrap your bacon around each onion and keep in mind that each may need around 1 to 1-1/2 slices of bacon to completely cover.
- Use the toothpicks which were already soaked in water to secure the bacon.
- Place your bacon-covered rings in the air fryer and let it cook.
- Cook the food for about 11 minutes with the air fryer's temperature around 370 degrees
- Let the food cook until you get the desired crispiness, however, do not overcook.
- Bring out the bacon-covered rings and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Your food is now ready to be served with a keto-friendly dipping sauce.
Best Air Fryers for Making Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings
Some of the best air fryers on the market will enable you to make Bacon-wrapped onion rings conveniently anytime you want. These are devices that are easy to clean and maintain, and they can be used to air fry, grill, bake, roast, toast, etc. Therefore, consider buying one of the following to satisfy your taste buds’ need for air fried Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings.
1. Power Air Fryer:
The Power Air Fryer has a large capacity of 10 Quart. And as such, you can make large quantities of Bacon-wrapped onion rings at once. Its temperature can be controlled to ensure that you can fully regulate how hot you want the unit to operate. This air fryer also has a non-stick coating which makes it easier to clean. The price of the Power Air Fryer is $311.51.
2. Chefman 6.8 Quart Air Fryer Oven:
The Chefman 6.8 Quart Air Fryer Oven is also a good appliance that can be used to make various kinds of food. This unit has a large size and can be used to cook for the whole family. What's more, it has a rotisserie function, and for this reason, it can be used to make chicken, fish, sausage, pizza, vegetables, shrimp, cake, amongst other foods. The price of this unit is $218.70.
3. UNA Air Fryer:
The UNA Air Fryer comes with several functions to enable you to bake, fry, grill, and roast a range of foods. This unit has a capacity of 3QT, hence its basket has been moderately sized. Nonetheless, it is a portable air fryer that can be traveled with or used in a dorm. It won't take a large space on your countertop. Accordingly, the price of the Una air fryer is $336.80.
Making 2-Ingredient Bacon-wrapped onion rings in an air fryer becomes easier now that you have a good recipe to work with. Moreover, taking advantage of one of the best air fryers out there makes your food healthier to consume. Therefore, purchase one of these today and you'll meet your taste buds' need for delicious and crispy Bacon-wrapped onion rings.
Featured Image by Thrillist.