Air fryer doughnuts can be quite easy to make. Everyone loves doughnuts, but if you don't, you'll love it after reading this. This guide takes you through how to make those healthy air fryer doughnuts you've always craved for.
If you've been following this blog, you'd probably have heard us talk about air fryers over a million times. If you've not been following, it's important you subscribe to get notified every time new contents drop from us.
Air fryers are those amazing kitchen appliances that are used to make healthy meals, fast and easy. Meals made with air fryers are most times 80% - 95% healthier than meals made the conventional way. Little wonder there's a lot of demand for this amazing piece of gadget.
There's practically an air fryer for everyone. Thinking of budget, you can get an air fryer under $100. Or maybe you are considering size; you can choose between the smallest or the largest air fryers in the market today.
If you've got one already, good for you. We can now proceed into making those delicious air fryer doughnuts. However, if you don't have an air fryer already, not too worry. We'll drop some recommendations at the end of this guild to help you decision-making process on which air fryer to purchase.
Making Air Fryer Doughnuts
Making those doughnuts when all is set should take about 10 minutes when all is set. That's all that's needed for your air fryer to turn your well-kneaded dough into doughnuts.
However, the prep stage could take some time, up to 2 hrs 30 mins depending on your level of experience with making doughnuts.
To begin with;
- have your cooking spray at easy reach
- have a cup of milk
- a quarter cup and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- An 0.25-Oz of active dry yeast
- 2 cups of flour
- half teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoon of melted butter
- an egg, a large one would do just fine
- and a tablespoon of vanilla extract
Now that you have all you need, it's time to commence with the prep stage.
- use a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 40 seconds until the bowl is warm
- proceed with greasing bowl with your cooking spray
- add some sugar, a teaspoon should do. Stir until it dissolves
- sprinkle yeast in the bowl also and set it aside for about eight minutes
- in another bowl, whisk flour and salt together
- in yet another bowl, a larger one, whisk the quarter cup of sugar, butter, egg, and the vanilla extract together
- add your yeast mixture then stir with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed
- properly knead the dough on a lightly flowered surface until its elastic in nature
- when done, form dough into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl
- cover the bowl with a clean dish towel and set the dough aside to rise. In about an hour, it should be double its size
- spread the dough out on a surface and use a doughnut cutter to punch out your doughnuts
- place cut out doughnuts and centre holes on baking sheets and set aside some more to rise
- grease air fryer basket with cooking spray
- add doughnuts and holes into your air fryer. The number you put in at once is determined by the size of your air fryer. Make sure they are spaced, you don't want them sticking together
- air fry for some 8 - 10 mins at 375 degrees
- bring them out when properly cooked and place on a cooling rack. Put in a new set and repeat till you're done.
You probably don't believe it would be as easy as that, right? Now, if you have a hard time choosing an air fryer, these are some recommendations.
The Dash Compact Air Fryer
This is a small air fryer; a 1.6 pt capacity air fryer. But don't let it's small size fool you. It will cook anything between chicken, fish, shrimp, turkey, burgers, potatoes, etc. It's also one of the top choices of air fryers below $100 too. I deal for serving a family of two at once.
The COSORI Max XL Air Fryer
The COSORI Max XL Air Fryer is pretty large. It's a 5.8qt capacity air fryer. Though slightly above the $100 range, it's a good buy and you'll get the value for your money. It's preset functions can cook practically anything - steak, chicken, seafood, shrimp, French fries, vegetables, etc. What's more, it's dishwasher safe. It can be used to cook for up to six people at once.
Now you know how to make your favourite doughnuts and this time more healthy than ever. Making air fryer doughnuts is definitely fun. And with our best air fryer recommendations, you are set for a lifetime of regular doughnut snack.