Party time? You'll get your friends/family members talking about this party for a long time with this air fried mini calzones recipe. Every bite is tender, warm, crispy, and delightful.
Unlike mini calzones made the conventional way, air fried mini calzones are particularly tasty. And apart from being on your party menu, they can also serve as an excellent home snack. Or a school snack for kids, or even something to snack on at work.
Air fried mini calzones are easy to make if you know the drill, we'll show you in a moment. It should take about 30 minutes from start to finish. In the end, you get a finger-licking mini calzone.
What You Need (Ingredients)
- A pound of Pizza dough; best at room temperature
- Enough Pizza source, you'll also need for dipping
- Some flour (all-purpose), to roll out the dough
- Chopped or sliced pepperoni or mini pepperoni
What To Do (Putting Them Together)
- Roll out Pizza dough on a floured surface
- Use 3-inch round cutter to cut out rounds of dough. As many as you can.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay doughs on it
- Put dough scraps together, reroll and cut, so you make maximum use of the dough
- Add few teaspoons of the source to the dough
- Add a teaspoon of cheese
- Add a teaspoon of chopped pepperoni as well
- One dough at a time, fold the doughs in half
- Pinch edges together to seal contents in the dough
- Use fork for further sealing
- Preheat air fryer up to 375 F
- Place mini calzones in the air fryer basket, as much as can fit at a time leaving spaces between them
- Air fry mini calzones for about 8 - 10 minutes. Calzones should turn golden brown.
- If you desire, serve with Pizza source
How To Crimp A Calzone Properly
To properly seal a calzone, lift the side without filling (sauce). Pull side across to the other side. This will give you a half-moon shaped calzone. With wet hands, clip the edges of the calzones together. Also, use a fork to crimp the calzones properly.
Best Air Fryer Recommendations For Your Mini Calzones
1. Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage, with XL Capacity, and a Stainless Steel Finish
2. Philips TurboStar Technology Airfryer, Digital Interface, 1.8lb/2.75qt- HD9641/96
3. GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
Now you know how to make your favorite Air Fried Mini Calzones - easy to make as a snack for small parties or the family. And what's more, it doesn't take so much time to make from start to finish. It's now time to take your shot.