Do you love fried chicken? If that's a yes, then we've ramped up some of the best air fryer nuggets recipes you can try. This means that you no longer have to store up nuggets in your fridge when you can just make fresh, great-tasting chicken nuggets right from home.
And as we know the top-rated air fryers can meet your need to eat fried foods healthily. Compared to deep fryers, they cook with less oil and can reduce as much as 80% of the oil used in frying chicken and other foods. Air fryers are also healthy to use. With these in mind, here are some of the best air fryer nuggets recipes:
1. Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets with Flour:
To make air fryer chicken nuggets with flour, you'll need the following ingredients:
- A large egg
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup of grated of Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup of whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- Dipping sauce: barbecue sauce, marinara or pizza sauce, or ranch dressing
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been cut into 1-inch cubes
Once you've got each of these in place, follow these instructions
- Turn on your air fryer and preheat at 400ºF for 8 to 10 minutes.
Create a mixture of the following in different bowls:
- First bowl (flour, salt, and pepper, then mix lightly); Second bowl (an egg that has been lightly beaten); Third bowl (a mixture of Parmesan cheese, panko, and parsley flakes)
- Use the first bowl's mixture to coat your chicken pieces. Next, dip your chicken in the beaten egg, and finally, the third bowl's mixture.
- Place your well-coated chicken in the air fryer's basket, and ensure that they maintain a single layer. Do not jam-pack the basket with food to allow easy circulation of hot air.
- Optionally, spray olive oil on the chicken and leave to cook for seven minutes
- You can then remove and serve, or place the next batch of chicken nuggets to prepare.
- Ensure that you do not overcook your nuggets since it isn't a healthy way to use an air fryer.
2. Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets with Breadcrumbs:
To make air fryer chicken nuggets with breadcrumbs, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, sliced into nugget size
With these ingredients in place, follow these instructions:
- Preheat your air fry to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Create a mixture in three separate bowls:
- In the first bowl, mix buttermilk with chicken and let it sit for a while.
- In the second bowl, create a mixture of flour, paprika, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper
- In the third bowl, beat your eggs lightly.
- Finally, bring in a fourth bowl containing your breadcrumbs
- Now, drench your chicken from the first bowl with the content of the second, third and fourth bowl.
- Spray the food basket with cooking oil and then place your nuggets on the basket
- Use olive oil or any other cooking spray lighting on the surface of the nuggets
- Cook for 10 minutes and then flip over to cook for 2 minutes
- Take out your ready nuggets
- You can now place the remaining nuggets into your air fryer without overcrowding it.
Best Air Fryers for Chicken Nuggets
Now, here we are, just after 5 minutes, you now know 2 awesome chicken nugget recipes to cook using airfryers.Now that you have some good air fryer recipes for chicken nuggets with or without bread crumbs, you may be on the lookout for the best air fryers for chicken nuggets. There's the Philips Viva Collection Airfryer, to begin with, but others you can try are:
1. Philips Premium Airfryer XXL:
The Philips Premium Airfryer XXL comes with a large size given its 4-quart capacity. This size of its food basket will save you the time of going two to three rounds just to fully prepare nuggets. Asides from air frying, you can use this appliance to bake, grill, roast, reheat, dehydrate, and toast. The Philips Premium Airfryer XXL goes for $299.99.
2. BEECALE 4.2-Quarts Digital Air Fryer:
The BEECALE 4.2-Quarts Digital Air Fryer has a food basket that is slightly larger than that of the Philips air fryer. Hence, you can place more food in its interior. This unit has been built for cooking beginners and professionals, thanks to its ease of usage and remarkable features. At the end of the day, you only need to spend $246 to have this.
3. CMmin 10LAir Fryer:
The CMmin 10L Air Fryer allows you to spend less time preparing your chicken nuggets. The latter is as a result of its 10-quart capacity, that will ensure just one serving can cook for a large family. So, you can look forward to making gold nuggets, chicken wings, chicken legs, lamb or steak, pies and cakes with this unit. The CMmin 10L Air Fryer costs $241.18.
Air fryer nuggets recipes will ensure that you meet your cravings to have some tasty, crispy chicken. And while doing so, you won't be consuming excess oil or fat. Nonetheless, your journey to eating delicious nuggets anytime and anywhere begins with owning the best air fryer. Now take a pick from the ones we've reviewed and you'll come to love its seamless performance.