Air fryer potato chips are crispy and crunchy meals that can be eaten as a snack while watching your favorite movie or while on the go. They can also serve as a quick meal for lunch or dinner. But first, you need to know how to make yours the right way, which is why we've outlined the air fryer potato chips recipe to help you prepare this delicious snack.
You can try other recipes: the air fryer avocado fries recipe, air fryer apple chips recipe, and air fryer buttermilk fried chicken recipe. There's also the air fryer General Tso's chicken recipe and air fryer banana bread recipe.
Air Fryer Potato Chips Ingredients
The following are the air fryer potato chips ingredients:
- One medium Russet potato that is unpeeled and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- Canola oil
- One tablespoon of canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- A teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Chips
Follow these steps to make your air fryer potato chips:
- Soak your potato slices in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the bowl and pat dry using paper towels.
- Take a dry bowl and add some salt, pepper, and oil.
- Add potatoes to the bowl and gently coat with the ingredients.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray (make a light coat).
- Transfer the potato slices in the food basket and not over-stuff the basket to ensure your food cooks evenly.
- Set the air fryer's temperature at 375°F and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chips are crispy. (Trying out this unit for the first time? Then see how best to use an air fryer).
- Take out the chips from the air fryer using a pair of tongs.
- Sprinkle rosemary on it and serve. You can also store in an airtight plastic container to keep fresh.
Here are some quick questions that will answer any queries you may have about air fryer potato chips:
Are Chips in an Air Fryer Healthy?
Yes, air fryer chips are healthy. The reason lies in the low oil content these chips will have after being prepared. Besides, air fryers cook with little or no oil, which means you'll have up to 85% less oil in your chips than deep-fried chips. Therefore, even if you're on a strict diet, you can eat more healthily with an air fryer.
Do Air Fryers Make Good Chips?
They most certainly do, especially when you get one of the best units out there. The best air fryers will help you prepare crispy potato chips that are appealing to the eyes. You don't have to stir your food so much since you can select the right cooking mode to prepare tasty golden chips.
How Long Do Chips Take in an Air Fryer?
It'll take about 25 to 30 minutes for your potato chips to be ready after you've placed them in an air fryer. Some air fryers do not need preheating, which makes your cooking even faster.
Best Air Fryers for Making Potato Chips
The best air fryers for making potato chips are:
1. Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF:
The Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF features a 5.8- Quart basket that will hold more portions of your chips. Thus, even if you're cooking for a large family or small party, just a serving can be made at once. This unit can even be used to make a 5 to 6 lbs whole chicken. Its cooking settings include French Fries, Poultry, Seafood, Shrimp, Bacon, Root Vegetables, Steak, Bread, Vegetables, Frozen Foods, and Desserts. The Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF's price is $119. Also, check out our full review of the Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF.
2. Philips Airfryer XXL:
The Philips Airfryer XXL has an extra-large capacity to support cooking for up to six people. This appliance can air fry, bake, roast, grill, reheat, dehydrate, and toast. Hence, you only need to choose the right preset to start making your potato chips. It'll cost you around $350 to purchase the Philips Airfryer XXL. Check here for a full review of the Philips Airfryer XXL air fryer.
Air fryer potato chips are a delicious snack you can always have. They're crispy, crunchy, and healthy. Hence, you can fall back on them instead of an unhealthy snack. Now that you know how to prepare these chips and the best air fryer to use, it's left for you to make it happen.