Have you ever wondered if you can make pastry in an air fryer? You most certainly can! The good news is, an air fryer is a convectional oven that can be used to grill, bake, roast, rotisserie, etc. This means that there are several things you can make with this appliance including pastry, steak, chicken, pizza, etc.
Therefore, you can cook puff pastry in an air fryer and even frozen puff pastry. All you need to begin is some of the best air fryer pastry recipes. And it's worth pointing out that air fryers are healthy. There are also air fryers with a stainless steel basket that is free of Teflon. Hence, you can cook healthy meals with this appliance. Now here's a list of recipes you can try to make pastry on an air fryer.
Air Fryer Pastry Recipe
Try the following air fryer pastry recipe to meet your desire for a tender and crispy meal.
Puff Pastry Bites:
You need to choose a filling that will be placed inside the pastry. Some filling you can try are:
- Apple and Cinnamon: Create a mixture of ½ apple that has been sliced into small pieces with ½ tablespoon sugar. Also, add a teaspoon of grated orange peel and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Apple and Ginger: Create a mixture of ½ large apple (that has been sliced into small pieces) with a tablespoon finely chopped preserved ginger. You can also add a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh mint to the mixture.
- Ricotta and Ham: Create a mixture of ¼ cup ricotta with 1/8 cup finely-chopped ham and freshly ground pepper.
- Ricotta and Salmon: Create a mixture of ¼ cup ricotta with 1/8 cup smoked salmon. You can also add a tablespoon of finely chopped chives.
- Cheese and Green Onion: Create a mixture of a thinly sliced green onion with 75 g of grated cheese such as Gouda, Cheddar or Gruyère.
- Shrimps and Dill: Combine ½ cup of chopped pink shrimps with a tablespoon finely chopped dill and ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
- Pepper and Salami: Combine 1/8 cup of salami in strips with ½ red bell pepper diced into small cubes. You can add a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh oregano to the mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Create a cut of 16 squares of your pastry.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into each square.
- Fold the squares into triangles and use water to moisten the edges of the square.
- Use a fork to press down the edges of the triangle.
- Place the pastry into the air fryer's basket and brush them with milk.
- Set the air fryer's timer to 10 minutes and cook until the pastry is golden brown.
- Repeat the steps above to finish cooking the entire pastry.
Best Air Fryers for Making Pastry
Here's a list of the best air fryers for pastry making. They include:
1. Paula Deen 9.5 QT (1700 Watt) Family-Sized Air Fryer:
The Paula Deen 9.5 QT (1700 Watt) Family-Sized Air Fryer has a large capacity thanks to its basket's size of 6 Quart. It can, therefore, be used to cook for a large family of at least 5 people. What's more, this unit can be used to air fry, bake, roast, or even reheat. As such, whether its pastry, pork, fish, steak, French fries, pizza, root vegetables, or cake, it can be prepared with this appliance. The price of this unit is $129.99.
2. COSORI 12-in-1 Oven Air Fryer:
The COSORI 12-in-1 Oven Air Fryer also comes with a dehydrator & rotisserie to increase the things you can make from a single appliance. This appliance features 12 presets including air fry, toast, roast, bagel, broil, cookies, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment and keep warm. Also, the Cosori oven has a large size that can be used to prepare 5 pounds of chicken, a 13-inch pizza, and 6-slice of a toaster. The COSORI 12-in-1 Oven Air Fryer costs $169.96.
It no longer comes as a surprise that you can make pastry with an air fryer since this appliance allows you to cook a range of things. And now that you know the air fryer pastry recipe, you can make this meal just about anytime. But first off, choose a reliable air fryer that can help you to make this meal and many more.
Featured Image by Danish Pastry.