So, can you put the air fryer in the dishwasher? If you've ever wondered, let's clear you on that. We'll also show you what parts of the air fryer can go in the dishwasher, and how to clean an air fryer. These tips will enable you to maintain your cooking appliance and, at the same time, extend its life span.
For the uninitiated, you need to know what air fryers are and what makes them a good buy. We've also covered how much an air fryer cost, popular air fryers you can buy online, and some of the best recipes to make when you eventually buy one. Now let's answer queries about the use of an air fryer in a dishwasher.
So, can you put the air fryer in the dishwasher? There is no obvious yes or no to this question. But here's what you need to know. It is not advisable to place the entire air fryer into a dishwasher since it can destroy the appliance's electrical and mechanical components.
However, there are specific parts of the air fryer that are machine washable. And before you throw these parts into the machine, ensure that the unit's manufacturer has rated the product dishwasher safe.
Parts of an Air Fryer That Are Dishwasher Safe
The parts of an air fryer that are dishwasher safe are the main components. These are parts or accessories that are used in frying the food. They include the food basket, food divider, and the pan. All you have to do is carefully remove these parts from your air fryer and then place them in a dishwasher. Each of these parts' small size means they won't take up all the available space in your dishwasher.
And when it comes to maintenance, there is no special detergent needed to clean these components. Use a mild dishwashing liquid to get the grease and other material off these parts. Let's show you the detailed steps on how to clean your air fryer.
How to Clean an Air Fryer
To clean your air fryer, carry out the steps below:
- Disconnect the air fryer from the wall socket
- If you recently used the appliance, let it cool down
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior part of the unit.
- Place the pan, basket, and tray in a dishwasher or manually wash with your hands using hot water and dishwashing soap.
- Use hot water and soft cloth or sponge to clean the internal part of the air fryer
- Use a brush to dislodge any leftover food that may be stuck to the heating element.
- Remove your pan, tray, and basket from the dishwasher. Leave them to dry completely before inserting them into the air fryer.
Keep in mind that cleaning your air fryer after every use frees you from eliminating stubborn dirt. It also prevents your unit from passing on food smells to the next meal you'll be preparing.
How to Clean an Air Fryer Basket
It is essential to know how to clean the air fryer basket since food will be directly placed here. Besides, using it several times without cleaning it could potentially contaminate food and even spread diseases to it. Accordingly, follow these steps:
- Use hot water and dishwashing liquid to get rid of the dirt.
- You can let the basket soak in hot water and liquid soap combination for 10 minutes.
- Next, clean the part using a soft sponge or dishrag. The latter should be done carefully and thoroughly to ensure that leftovers and grease are removed from it.
Now that you know whether you can put an air fryer in the dishwasher and how to clean your unit correctly, your air fryer will stand the test of time. It'll leave your food smelling fresh each time you finish cooking. If that's what you want, then implement these tips.