The crispy toasted sesame tofu recipe is one you may come to love. And when you use an air fryer to prepare it, you're sure to get sweet and crisp tofu. You could take it one step further to improve the taste and flavor of this meal using honey, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce. But let's show you how to make this recipe, especially if you're hearing about it for the first time.
Other recipes you may come to love include the air fryer broccoli with cheese baked potatoes recipe, Mexican-styled air-fried corn recipe, air fried peach hand pies, and air fried corn dog bites.
How to Make Crispy Sesame Tofu
The first step involves draining, drying, and pressing the tofu to get rid of excess moisture. This will give you a crispy meal. The next step is to cook the tofu in batches and occasionally turn it from side to side. The aim is to have all sides crunchy to ensure you have an enjoyable meal.
Ingredients for the Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu Recipe
The ingredients for making crispy toasted tofu are:
- One scallion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 (14 oz) block extra firm tofu
For the Sesame Sauce:
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/16 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
Follow these instructions to make your own air fried tofu
- Slice the tofu into ¾ inch cubes.
- Arrange the tofu cubes in the air fryer basket and let them maintain a single layer.
- Ensure that the cubes are well spaced from each other.
- Cook the food at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes and take out when golden and crispy.
To make baked tofu, carry out the following steps:
- Use some paper towels to wrap the tofu block loosely
- Place a cutting board on the tofu and a heavy object on the cutting board to release the water.
- Ensure that pressure is evenly applied on the tofu surface to get rid of the water but not heavy enough to break the tofu.
- Leave the tofu pressed for around 30 minutes.
- Next, preheat the oven to 400°F
- Pat the tofu dry after 30 minutes and cut it to ¾ inch cubes
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and move the tofu cubes onto the baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake the tofu until it turns golden or crispy.
To make the Sesame sauce, follow these steps:
- Add all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk the mix evenly to allow the starch to dissolve completely.
- Add the sauce to a saucepan and low-medium heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously as it heats to ensure the cornstarch does not clump up.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook till it thickens.
- Add the cooked tofu to the sauce and toss the tofu until it is evenly coated.
- Garnish the tofu with sesame seeds and scallions. You can then proceed to serve the meal with rice.
Best Air Fryers to Make Crispy Toasted Sesame Tofu Recipe
The best air fryers to make crispy toasted sesame tofu recipe are:
#1. Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF:
The Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF comes with a 5.8- Quart basket. And it can support 5 to 6 lbs whole chicken, which means you can also cook more tofu cubes at a time within its interior. What's more, this unit weighs 11.5 lbs, which makes it light on the hands. This unit also comes with cooking functions like French Fries, Steak Shrimp, Bacon, Seafood, Poultry, Frozen Foods, Bread, Vegetables, Root Vegetables, and Desserts. It'll cost you $119 to purchase this appliance.
#2. NuWave Brio 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer:
The NuWave Brio 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer comes with an extra-large capacity to speed up your cooking process. You don't have to cook different portions of your tofu since this appliance can hold more food at a time. What's more, this air fryer can air fry, roast, sear, broil, bake, reheat, grill, and even dehydrate. It'll cost $140 to purchase this unit.
These are the easy steps that will enable you to make a crispy toasted sesame tofu recipe. You'll have a delicious crispy meal that can serve as supper. On the other hand, please choose one of the air fryers we've outlined above to ensure you make this recipe and many others properly.