Spicy air-fried chicken wing drumettes are one more recipe to add to your cookbook. They are delicious and crispy, which makes them worth making. On the other hand, the chicken wing drumettes represent the upper part of the chicken's wing. And that means they have a small size that will enable you to cook all at once instead of segmenting into batches.
And with the use of an air fryer, you do not have to cook your drumettes in gallons of oil to make them crispy. Use a tablespoon of super-flavorful sesame oil, and you'll get them ready in no time. You can then serve this recipe over brown rice or use it as an appetizer. You can also make this meal more crunchy by tossing it in baking powder before frying it.
Over and above all, there is so much more you can make using your air fryer. There are recipes like the air fryer buttermilk fried chicken, air fryer mini calzones, and air fryer salmon and brussels sprouts. We've also created a detailed review to cover air fryer broccoli with cheese baked potatoes and Mexican-styled air-fried corn.
Ingredients to Make Spicy Air-Fried Chicken Wing Drumettes
You need the following to make spicy air-fried chicken wing drumettes:
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 10 large chicken drumettes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper1 garlic clove, finely chopped
How to Make Spicy Air-Fried Chicken Wing Drumettes
Here are some tips that will help you to make spicy air-fried chicken wing drumettes. They include:
- Use a large bowl to toss your chicken in a mixture of baking powder, pepper, and salt until each piece has been well coated.
- Line up the pieces on a rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet and then refrigerate (uncovered) for about an hour.
- Arrange your chicken in a single layer on your air fryer basket
- Coat the chicken with your cooking spray.
- Leave to cook at 400°F for 30 minutes. Turn the drumettes as they cook, and take them out of the air fryer when they're crispy.
- Next, create a mixture of honey, vinegar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, garlic, and honey in a small skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook until it is slightly thick.
- Transfer the drumettes into a medium bowl and then apply a honey mixture and toss to coat. You may want to sprinkle peanuts and chives on this meal.
Best Air Fryers to Make Spicy Air-Fried Chicken Wing Drumettes
Some of the best air fryers to make spicy air-fried chicken wing drumettes are:
NuWave Brio 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer:
The NuWave Brio 14-quart air fryer comes with a large capacity that makes it ideal for cooking more food at a time. If you have a large family or intend to throw a small party, then consider buying this appliance. Some cooking functions of the NuWave Brio include air fry, roast, grill, broil, sear, reheat, bake, and even dehydrate. The price of this unit is $140.
Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF Air Fryer:
The Cosori Air Fryer CP158-AF air fryer is a top-rated cooking appliance to have in your kitchen. The unit comes with a 5.8- Quart basket that enables it to hold a whole chicken. This device's cooking presets include Steak, French Fries, Seafood, Shrimp, Bacon, Poultry, Frozen Foods, Root Vegetables, Bread, Vegetables, and Desserts. This is also a dishwasher safe air fryer that can be cleaned with ease after use. It'll cost you $119 to purchase this appliance.
Now that you know how to make the spicy air-fried chicken wing drumettes, you can satisfy your taste buds' cravings. Much more, you'll be eating more healthily, given that the food will be air fried with less oil. On the other hand, take a pick from the best air fryers we've outlined above. They'll help you cook faster and more efficiently.